6th Annual Fall Golf Classic A Success in Dundee!
The Chamber’s annual Fall Classic held in Dundee this past weekend (Sept 22, 2018) saw 29 teams participating – our biggest turnout to date! The early morning gale and rain tapered off as the day went on, and spirits were high throughout the day. There were no holes in one, but with almost $60,000 in prizes up for grabs, there was still some great loot to take home thanks to our tournament sponsors and supporters. Here are the results!
1st Place: Port Hawkesbury Paper (John Dobson, Peter MacDonald, Mark Farrow, and Clayton Carmichael)
2nd Place: CJ D’Intino Engineering (Carmen D’Intino, Spyro Trifos, Shayne Stevens, Peter Stevens)
Other winners included:
- Best Poker Hand on Hole #13: Dundee Resort (sponsored by AA Munro Insurance, Appleseed Energy, Tim Hortons, and the Nova Scotia Spirit Company)
- Putting Green High Score: AML Painting (sponsored by Harvey Realties)
- Yellow Ball: Martin Marietta (sponsored by 3C Wealth, NSCC, and Tim Hortons)
- Best Dressed Team: MacLeod Lorway (sponsored by Canso Ford)
- Men’s and Women’s Longest Drive on Hole #9: Leon Carter on the RM Landry Team and Suzanne Morrow on the 1015 The Hawk team (sponsored by Atlantic Lottery Coporation)
- Closest to the Keg on Hole #15: Robbie Hill on the DORA Construction team (sponsored by Moosehead)
- Closest to the Tire on Hole #16: Mark Farrow on the PHP team (sponsored by Seaboard Tire)
- Closest to the Hole on #7: Kyle Burns on the Dundee Resort team (sponsored by Assante Wealth Management)
- Men’s and Women’s Closest to the Hole on #4: Winston Brophy on the B&N Distributors team and Erin MacEachen on the Grant Thornton team (sponsored by Investors Group, Flora Gillis)
- Ticket Draw for a Bar Fridge: Mike Touesnard from OK Tire
- Guess the Number of Tees: Tom MacDonald from team MacCarter
The tournament is a great networking opportunity and a great way to kick off the Fall season. It wouldn’t be possible without the support of our players, sponsors, supporters, and incredible volunteers! A special thanks to the staff at the Dundee Resort for going the extra mile.
The Strait Area Chamber 2018 Fall Golf Classic was sponsored by Port Hawkesbury Paper, NuStar Energy, Horizon Maritime, Nova Construction, FK Warren, Melford Atlantic Gateway, MacLeod Lorway, Harvey Realties, BDC, United Rentals, 1015 The Hawk, the Cape Breton Partership, The Reporter, Moosehead Breweries, Gateway Hyundai, Investors Group (Flora Gillis), Assante Wealth Managment (Lars MacDonald), and a host of generous prize donors.
Congratulations to all of the winners – that’s a wrap for 2018’s Fall Golf Classic!